Society Of Strays/Mononoke Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Lower Beach
The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:58 pm by Key

» The Best Funk Of The 70s
The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:55 pm by Raven

» The Ever-Changing Cliff Face
The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:36 am by Raven

» Joining Forms
The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:57 pm by Blade

» Where The Fish Swim In Many
The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 am by Key

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Welcome Back Everyone!
Affiliates
free forum

The Ever-Changing Cliff Face

+6
Sharon
Alec
Asmira
Raven
Raiden
Blade
10 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 Empty The Ever-Changing Cliff Face

Post by Blade Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

After you pass over the red river, you face the ever-changing cliff face which is made of hard, dry, red clay. Above this cliff face, which feeds the red color of the river, there are plenty of mountain sheep which can be an easy meal if you understand how to hunt them.

The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 Ffm210

Last edited by Blade on Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Ever-Changing Cliff Face - Page 7 Empty Re: The Ever-Changing Cliff Face

Post by Blade Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Kriff's head dipped to Vincent. "Anything you say, father," he smirked sarcastically. He nodded to Sarasa, turning towards the wooded areas. If anywhere on this desolate rock had water, it would be near the plants and not out in the open. He waited until he was out of earshot. "Grumpy old bat," he muttered. "Nothing but trouble, am I? Well I'll show him. He'll see just how much trouble I can be..." An evil grin grew wide on his maw as the idea formed in his mind and solidified his purpose. He saw Lilith along the way and nudged her shoulder. "Hey, wanna grab some water with me?" he asked. "Dear Old Dad's not doing so hot. If he dies, we're stuck with Cerberus the Dictator." He ended it with a joke he knew she'd appreciate.

Vincent watched his son go with narrowed eyes. He turned back to Sarasa's troubled eyes... he sighed. "You seem like a nice wolf, as opposed to any of the rest of us. So tell me, why are you here?" he inquired. If Kriff was going to loiter, as the old wolf knew his son would, it would be awhile before the water arrived.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 am

|Sarasa|

"You seem like a nice wolf, as opposed to any of the rest of us. So tell me, why are you here?"

"I'm not allowed to tell why. I'm sorry." She said as she started licking some of Vincent's wounds. "Saliva helps it heal faster at times." She explained. For a few moments she fell silent. Not enjoying the awkward silence she started a new conversation. The silent air that flew them by sounded very deafening to her ears.

"I can see that you don't get along with your son all that much? He must be a pain in the BEHIND." She joked, trying to lighten her mood a little bit.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Raven watched the group in front of where she and Key were hiding. She didn't really have much of a plan. She watched how Raiden was controlled by Cerberus and hissed softly to herself. This was going to be a lot harder than she thought. Her first idea was to run in and bring him back but she now realized that this would never work. Her mate was under complete control by his hostile brother. Stay strong, she thought. Help is coming. She was starting to wish that the rest of the pack had come with them. But it was too late now. It was just her and Key this time. If they could just think of a plan...
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

http://anthro.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Key Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:28 pm

Key looked down the pack. She looked towards Raven. Facing her, she said softly in a serious tone, "Raven if we attacked the pack now even at night which is the two of us it would be suicide." I know you want Raiden back and I can get help all it would take is Blade and another warrior. We could come up with a plan then. Think about it. She waited for Raven to reply.
Key
Key
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Raven nodded reluctantly. "Lets get back up," she sighed. She turned and hurried back. She took a last glance over her shoulder at the pack. I love you she thought, hoping Raiden heard. She faced forward again and raced away.

-Raven to where the fish swim in many-
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Vincent looked at Sarasa. "Not allowed to tell me? Why not? I'm just as powerful as Cerberus..." he grumbled, looking off into the distance. He acknowledged her next sentence with a grunt, not really paying attention. His mind wandered back to the attacker who had come before the young she-wolf... Kira... his old mate. His claws dug against the ground and as Sarasa spoke again he tensed, jerked from his thoughts. "What? Oh, uh... yes. Let's just say nothing was the same after..." he snapped his mouth shut. "Nevermind," he growled at her. "But what about you? How long have you been in the shadows of the pack?"

Kira hid among the shrubs, blending in perfectly with her ashy green striped fur. She watched Vincent and the young she-wolf converse, smirking when he brought up the Day. "Remembering your mistake, fleabag?" she sneered under her breath, deciding to watch them further.

Kriff padded back towards Sarasa and Vincent, carrying a lardge leaf filled with water. "Yrr wrrldn't brrlrrv hrrw hrrd thrrs wrrs trr frrnd," he muttered through his teeth, setting it down beside Sarasa. He sat down on his haunches and smirked, not having heard their conversation.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:09 am

|Sarasa|

"I've been here awhile. Cerberus seemed keen on keeping me hidden. I don't know what changed his mind though." Explaining briefly as she handled the water that Kriff had given. She sniffed just in case. She turned her head towards Kriff, giving him a questionable look and a very stern one at that.

"You did not do anything with the water, right Kriff?" She asked with all the seriousness in her voice evident. She pawed the leaf slightly. For all she knew, Kriff might have actually put in something in it that Vincent wouldn't be very happy with. Considering that both father and son have a certain war against each other but it wasn't obvious but Sarasa could feel it even from the first she saw the two male wolves together.

Something moved from the distance but it was too brief that Sarasa wasn't sure if it was only the wind or not. She stared at the bush intently, trying to sense if there was any kind of danger at the other side of it and she did sense something. Though, it was not a feeling of alarm that invaded her senses but the feeling of curiosity because she knew that there WAS someone there but the question lingers. "Why is she hiding?" She whispered under her breath but did not let the others notice that they had a 'guest'. She smiled slightly at the strangers direction.

|Raiden|

Here he lay, or more like sat, in front of the brother that he used to love and cherish so long ago. Threatening him with no sense of mercy whatsoever. 'Why has it come to this?' He thought. Raiden's hope was slightly fading. His guilt coming from somewhere, intensely chocking his will. He could only mutter words that he would regret forever in his life, if ever he would live through this. "I'll call Titan." He said. His face expressionless and yet he was in so much pain in the inside. His stomach churning with the awful feeling. "Little brother...." Raiden slipped a whisper of his sorrows.

|Cerberus|

"I AM NOT YOUR LITTLE BROTHER!" He yelled and charged towards Raiden with a frightening speed but then stopped a few centimeters from where Raiden sat and yet the hollow body that he controlled stayed still, not fazed by his scene of arrogance. "Your sweet little brother is gone. He's dead. What you see now is a brother that towers over you." He hissed. Cerberus raised his paw, Letting the claws beneath it show and with one swift movement, had hit Raiden's unmoving body to the ground. Blood gushing out from Raiden's wound. The red liquid dripped down the red brute's muzzle, dirtying it more as mud stuck itself on his fur. A scar the same as Cerberus's now stung to Raiden. Cerberus stared at his work and smirked. "Just like looking in the mirror.." He whispered to his brother's ear. "Only that.. I'm not the who's wounded. At least not anymore.." He finished and then walked off.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Kriff rolled his eyes. If I wanted to poison him I could have done that ages ago. And the old man knows I could," he shot a look at Vincent and then got back onto his paws. "As to Cerberus' little reveal, I don't know why either... only that I'm glad he did so." He reasoned with a small chuckle."Do you need anything else for uh... him?" His head nodded towards the greying wolf, as if not even wanting to utter the name.

Vincent, still a bit paranoid, took Sarasa's words immediately and threw a very suspicious and very dirty look at his son. "Yeah. Right. Go ahead and say I drowned in it. Or it was a strange leaf you didn't know. I'm onto you, you useless son. You're worse than your brother. Get away from here!" he spat, and with that rolled himself over to face the other way.

Kriff's face contorted in anger. How DARE that old hag compare him to his pathetic little sibling. His claws dug into the sandy ground as his fur bristled. He looked like he might have taken a swipe but instead turned on his heel and started to walk off. "Fine! Dehydrate for all I care! And as far as useless goes, at least we know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!" he called over his shoulder. He didn't know if he meant it all, but he couldn't help his words.

Kira watched the scene unfold. Wow. It was a wonder the two had survived together this long. She thought of her other son, having not seen him... she hoped he was still alive. She'd been looking forward to combining their power to get revenge on Vincent.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Shae Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Shae's ears perked up when she heard yelling, recognizing the voices of her pack-mates. Curious and worried, she followed the sound and soon spotted Kriff. The she-wolf paused when she noticed his bristling fur and angry expression, but her curiosity got the best of her and she hesitantly trotted over to him. "What's going on? I heard yelling."
Shae
Shae
Omega
Omega

http://huntresszaradyna.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:37 am

Kriff looked over, giving her a dirty look. Not because she'd done something wrong, but because his rage was still wrecking havoc on his mind. He quickly tried to change his expression. "Just my father. The new she-wolf Sarasa had me fetch him water and he assumed I was trying to poison him. He called me useless and such..." he growled, his lip curling. He didn't want to bring up his brother, not sure if she remembered the strange pup and but not wanting to remind her if she did. His neck curled back a bit as he picked himself up. His head cocked to the side. "Stupid things, really. Nothing I shouldn't have expected from him." He sighed, shaking his pelt out before sitting down. "Where ya been, anyways? You missed a helluva fight awhile back."

((I assume you're a friend of Silk's? Welcome to the site!))
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Shae Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Shae tensed and took a step back when he glanced over, ready to fight or flee if he decided to take his anger out on her. "Oh... I'm sorry," she said, relaxing after a moment as he seemed to calm down a bit. She stepped back again and sat down once she was sure he wasn't going to try something. "I was injured, so I couldn't fight. How did that go, anyways?"

((Yeah, I'm her girlfriend. She was talking about wanting to get this place active again and asked me to join. Thanks c: ))
Shae
Shae
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Kriff shrugged his shoulders. "Eh, it happens," he sighed and shook his head. His fur began to lie flat as the anger slowly seeped down into the earth. "Well enough I suppose. We lost some little pup to the Society, but we captured their leader Raiden. Better trade-off. Oliver was probably mad when Cerberus said we weren't going after it, but no one else really misses the little thing." He shrugged again. "Sorry to hear about your injuries. You probably would have had fun. Your old friend was there," he noted, as if it was an afterthought. His gaze flicked to her, wondering how she'd react.

((Oh I see. Well first, congrats to you two! And second yeah, we've had a drought but maybe it'll come back))
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Shae Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Shae nodded as she listened. She didn't like the sound of letting the Society keep one of their pups, but she couldn't argue with the fact that trading it for Raiden was a good deal. Her fur bristled slightly when he mentioned Silk, her ears turning partially back and tail twitching uncomfortably as she shifted her gaze to the ground. "Ah. Maybe it's best I wasn't there, then."

((Lol thanks. I hope so. I've skimmed through the forum and most of you guys seem pretty cool.))
Shae
Shae
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:22 am

Kriff shrugged his shoulders again. "Who knows, we might've convinced her to come back if you'd been there. The Society is probably crumbling without their leader. Cerberus has him in some sort of trance... he just stares ahead vacantly. It's actually a bit unsettling, especially when he seems like he's looking right at you," the brown wolf noted, shivering slightly at the memory of the piercing headache that occurred from looking the red wolf in the eye.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Shae Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Shae shrugged. "Maybe," she sighed. Her fur slowly flattened as she glanced back up at him, tilting her head slightly to the side. "That's interesting. Did Cerberus do something to him or his he spacing out for personal reasons?"
Shae
Shae
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Lilith crept back to the pack after her encounter with the stranger. She spotted a new wolf among their ranks. She was as black as pitch with deep ebony eyes. She flicked her red orbs and glared at the female for no reason at all. She puffed up her red and black streaked hide and slipped over to her. "Well what do we have here?" She sneered. She walked around the shewolf and licked her lips. A bloody bandage was high up on her left foreleg. She had fought with the stranger and she wasn't done yet. She stood next to Kriff and raised her hackles. "Female," she said hoarsely. She twitched a tattered ear towards the generals, making sure they wouldn't hear. "Cerberus ain't like us." She crept closer, digging her crimson claws into the earth. "I hear he's a demon, he has black magic. He can posses creatures to do his work." She gestured to Raiden. "He isn't doing that on purpose. A piece of advice, if you want to keep your soul and body to yourself I suggest you don't look him in the eye." She sat down and started licking her wounded leg.
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Kriff wasn't entirely sure what Lilith was doing, but her sudden appearance made his fur stand on end with a furrowed brow to match. He watched her cautiously as he usually did. "Indeed. Keen observation," he chuckled sarcastically at her, smirking. His shoulder nudged at her playfully with his shoulder. He listened to her explanation and almost cracked up. "Demon? Pfff! He wishes he were that special... I think he's just possessed himself." Kriff didn't really worry about keeping his voice down. The General never really listened anyways.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Lilith glared at the male. "Are you calling me a liar?" She said quietly. She stood up and limped over to him and stared him in the face, their noses just inches apart. "I surely hope not. No one lies to me and gets away with it." She walked past him and swatted his face with her tail. She again turned and looked at the new wolf. "Who are you again?" She asked. "I don't recall we have been formally acquainted. Either that or I didn't remember your name when you said it."
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shae Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Shae's hackles raised and her ears pressed flat against her head as she warily watched the other she-wolf circle her, leaning back when she approached.  
Raven wrote:"I hear he's a demon, he has black magic. He can posses creatures to do his work." She gestured to Raiden. "He isn't doing that on purpose. A piece of advice, if you want to keep your soul and body to yourself I suggest you don't look him in the eye."
"I'll... keep that in mind, thanks," she said. She quietly watched the exchange between the other two, glad to have the black and red wolf's attention on someone else - even if only for a moment.
Raven wrote:"Who are you again?" She asked. "I don't recall we have been formally acquainted. Either that or I didn't remember your name when you said it."
"No, I'm pretty sure we haven't met before. I'm Shae."
Shae
Shae
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:52 am

Lilith eyed Shae again. She didn't know quite what to do with this new female. For now though she would restrain herself and act courteously. She lifted her lips into what was not quite a challenging sneer or a welcoming smile. She dipped her head slightly. "The mighty Lilith," She bowed slightly, almost a curtsy. "At your service." She stood and flicked her tail back and forth. She parted her jaws and her long snaky pink tongue trailed out from between her teeth. "I hope you get used to it here. The quicker the better. For your sake." She added that last bit as an after thought and immediately regretted it. Oh well, she thought. She'd figure out other ways to get the new blood in trouble. It wouldn't be difficult. She glanced at Kriff mischievously before walking past him. "Enjoy your stay Shae," she said cheerfully, pleased with her rhyme. "You can't leave, no no, no way. Once you join the Militia you have to stay. No fun, no leaving, no games, no play. All you do is work all day. So please Shae. I hope you enjoy your stay..." Lilith stopped for a second. "If ya'll excuse me, I have rabbits to torture." She turned and trotted off, still humming her little song.
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:59 am

Kriff snorted. "Liar? No. Misinformed? It's wholly possible. Who told you he was a demon anyways?" he rolled his eyes, biting at her tail when she flicked it. "And I didn't lie to you. Check your facts. I didn't lay anything in stone, Lilith," he growled. He watched the two, not sure about his old friend. She was fun to tease with... but at the worst of times, a bit too high and mighty for her own good.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Shae Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Shae blinked and awkwardly bowed back, slightly frightened and unsure of what to make of the red eyed wolf. "Nice to meet you," she said, deciding to be polite as to not get on her bad side. Her fur slowly flattened and her ears twitched up as she watched Lilith leave, curiously listening to her song. The meaning was unsettling, but the song itself was interesting. Once she was gone, Shae turned her attention back to Kriff. "Well, she's... interesting."

(( I didn't see that Raven had answered so I had been waiting to reply whoops. Sorry.
I love how you play Lilith, by the way, Raven. She's probably the first insane character I've seen done right. ))
Shae
Shae
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:26 am

(Haha, thanks Shae. I don't know if that's question of my mental sanity or a complement, but I'll take it as the latter.)

Lilith walked over the rocks, her claws clicking the whole way. Her leg was starting to feel better and she picked up her pace. She soon came to the little field with a scattering of holes around it. The scent of rabbit was almost overwhelming. A wicked smile cracked her face and exposed her sharp jagged teeth. A string of drool started to form in her mouth and dribble down the side of her jaw. This will be fun, she thought. She licked her mouth. She crouched down by the opening of one of the holes. She let out a loud menacing noise and she heard the rustle of leaves inside the burrow. They were going towards one of the other holes. She leaped over to it and stuck her head in. She snarled at the rabbit that was about to escape, still just out of reach in the hole. She grinned when she saw it's eyes turn white and it scampered back the other way. She stopped it again at the other hole and clicked her jaws at it. She wanted it to run faster. This was to easy. It did go faster. She jumped back to the other hole and started digging at it. The rabbit veered off and back underground. She circled it's two escape holes. She quickly got bored and pounced on another burrow, terrifying it's occupants. The flashed out of their holes and into different ones. She shifted through the holes, scaring some out and keeping the rest in. In no time the rabbits were completely scattered about and fled their nests altogether. Lilith sat amongst them while they ran about, crashing into each other, and occasionally hitting her or stepping on her tail. She laughed at their confusion and swiped at the occasional one that came to close. They disappeared. She didn't feel like chasing them. Too much work, her job was done. She trotted away from the destroyed burrows, feeling very good about herself. She caught the scent of something odd and froze. She looked around and discovered a hunter's old snare, discarded and abandoned. She smirked to herself and went back to the rabbits. She chased a single rabbit out and back into the woods. There was a quick snap and the rabbit was dangling in the air a short distance above her head. It kicked and bucked, it's neck firmly caught in the snare. A fat sweet rabbit treat it would be. "Little rabbit spinning round and round," she said, watching it twirl above her. "Breathe in your blood and make yourself drowned." She stared at it and it stopped moving. Blood clotted it's muzzle. "Thank you for not taking your time," she said cheerfully. She reached up and cut it loose. She dragged the little carcass behind her. She returned to Kriff. "Look what I found," she said eagerly. "Poor little creature got lost in the woods. I helped it and it followed me. I am taking it for a walk." She pulled the snare and dead rabbit around and walked in a circle around the two wolves.

Ah o.o that's long...next ones will be short
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shae Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 am

(( Lol it's supposed to be a compliment but I can see how it could be a question of your sanity ))

Shae glanced over at Lilith as she returned, blinking when she noticed the dead rabbit. “That’s nice, Lilith,” she said as she watched the other wolf circle them, growing slightly uncomfortable whenever she moved out of her sight. She tried not to look at the carcass. “Are you going to keep it?”
Shae
Shae
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Lilith gave Shae one of her crooked grins. "Yes," she said, almost happily. "It's my new pet." She sat down and rubbed the top of it's head. It flopped around loosely on it's broken neck. It's dull eyes stared blankly at everything. She sat looking at it very pleased. She delicately picked it up by the scruff of it's neck. She shoved it in Shae's face, and she felt her discomfort. It felt glorious. Victory for me, she thought. "His name is Fluffy," she said. "Say hi."
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum: